The Milford community organized an online campaign in 2019 to raise funds to build a dog park. With a grant from the Michigan economic development authority and community donations, the Milford dog park was officially opened on December 5, 2019. The park is adjacent to Milford trail near General Motors Road.
The Milford dog park sits on one acre wide open space with lush green grass. The park has trees and concrete walkways for users to walk around without stepping on the grass. There is a water fountain for dog owners and dogs to drink water and waste disposal stations to dispose of dog waste.
Big dogs can enjoy climbing on the big rocks, and small dogs can play on designated areas for smaller dogs. There are picnic tables for dog owners to relax, a building, and an overhang that provides shelter when it rains.
The dog park is run by a volunteer non-profit organization and supervised by the Parks and Recreation Board, and has set rules for users of the park. Rules include;
- No food for dogs or humans allowed
- No drinking and smoking
- Dogs must be licensed and wear license and vaccine tags.
- A dog owner or handler can bring a maximum of two dogs to the park and must be thirteen years old and above.
- A dog owner or handler must accompany dogs at all times.
- Dog owners or handlers must clean after their dogs
- Sick dogs, female puppies on heat, and puppies under four months are not allowed in the park.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park
- Dog owners or handlers are liable for any loss or injury to themselves or dogs while in the park.
- Only people with dogs are not permitted within the fenced area.
The Milford community has enjoyed the services offered by the dog park for over ten years now.
One of the dog park users said, “I like the whole idea that the dogs have a place to run freely, off leash, and I think it’s also an interesting place for their owners to go and socialize with each other.”
10 hr 15 min (647 miles)
via I-76 W
Fastest route, the usual traffic
This route has tolls.
Backyard Works Inc
26822 Lewes Georgetown Hwy, Harbeson, DE 19951, United States
Get on US-301 S/US-50 W in Queen Anne’s County from Rd 565/E Redden Rd, DE-404 W, MD-404 W and Ocean Gateway
1 hr 12 min (59.9 mi)
Take I-70 W, I-76 W, I-80 W and I-275 N to Milford Rd in Lyon Charter Township. Take exit 155B from I-96 W
8 hr 47 min (582 mi)
Follow Milford Rd to your destination in Milford Charter Township
7 min (4.4 mi)
Milford Dog Park
Milford, MI 48381, United States